Lecturer,Foundation Studies and Education
Office: Room 306, Block 16
Phone: +971 4 3616253
Fax: +971 4 3604772
- M.Sc. Educational Management in TESOL, Aston University UK
- PG Cert in Higher Education, Middlesex University, UK
- Researching and Presenting
- Developing Teaching and Learning
- Introduction to teaching and learning in higher education
- Supporting learning in higher education
- Theory into practice
- MA Education dissertation supervision
- English as a medium of instruction
- Educational management
- Higher education
Awards and achievements
· Teaching Fellowship Award, Middlesex University, 2014
· Best PG Cert Project Dubai Campus, 2012
Membership of professional bodies and associations
· TESOL Arabia
· Gulf Comparative Education Society
King, M. (2014) ‘Evaluating experienced teachers’, in Howard, A. and Donaghue, H. (eds.) Teacher evaluation in second language education. London: Bloomsbury, pp.167-180.
King. M. (2014) ‘Countering learner incivility with continuous feedback on in-class performance: an action research project in an Emirati college context’, in Donoghue, H. and Howard, A. (eds.) Participant Voices: observation in educational settings. Abu Dhabi: HCT Press, pp.113-125.
King, M. Smith, L. and Umar F. (2014) ‘Developing leadership skills through participation in insider action research’, in Coombe, C., Wiens, B., Davidson, P. and Cedro, K. (eds.) Perspectives on student leadership development. Dubai: TESOL Arabia, pp.134-146.
King, M (2012) ‘Redefining ESP in Gulf tertiary settings’, TESOL Arabia Perspectives, 19(2),pp. 21-25.
King, M. (2011) ‘Implementing problem-based learning in the Gulf: a case study of Arab students’, in Gitsaki, C. (ed.) Teaching and learning in the Arab world. Berne: Peter Lang, pp. 357-376.
King, M. (2008) Academic reading; ‘have to’ or ‘want to’?’, in Jendli, A., Coombe, C., and & Troudi, S. (eds.) Best practice in English teaching. Dubai: TESOL Arabia Publications, pp. 193-206.