Middlesex University Dubai’s admissions policies are based on the principle of wider participation – MDX believes that everyone should have the opportunity to pursue a University degree. Middlesex does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, or national or ethnic origin in admitting students to its programmes.
All students who are interested in a programme of study at Middlesex University are required to meet our academic requirements and English language requirements.
Academic Requirements – Undergraduate
We accept students with a diverse range of entry qualifications and from varying backgrounds. The following qualifications are normally considered for admission into undergraduate programmes:
- Successful completion of the Middlesex University International Foundation Programme (equivalent programmes from other Universities / Colleges / Institutes will be considered).
- British national curriculum (GCSE): We normally make offers on 260 UCAS tariff points,2 academic subjects at A-Level with grade “C” or above along with at least 5 subjects at O-Levels, anything below 160 UCAS tariff points will not be considered.
UCAS tariff points are calculated as follows:
|A-level grades||UCAS tariff points|
- NOTE: A* grades were introduced to GCE A-level achievement from 2010. Some A-level subjects are not accepted towards undergraduate programmes.
- Indian secondary school certificates issued by the CBSE/ISC boards may be considered: minimum grade of 55% overall
- International Baccalaureate: completion of IB diploma with 24 points overall
- Pakistani national curriculum: completion of Year 1 at a recognized post-secondary institution (university/college). Candidates that have successfully completed FSC/HSC are admitted to the “International Foundation Programme”
- Iranian Pre-University Certificate: minimum overall grade of 12. Students completing the High School Diploma are admitted to the International Foundation Programme
- Nigerian Senior School Leaving Certificate: Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme
- National curriculum of the countries of Russia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan: Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme
- West African GCE: Candidates are admitted to the International Foundation Programme
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification may be considered for direct entry into an undergraduate programme
This list shows only a selection of qualifications and if your high school system does not appear here, please contact our Admissions Office and we will be able to advise you further.
English Language Requirements – Undergraduate
All programmes at Middlesex University Dubai are taught in English and applicants with previous education outside of English-speaking countries (such as the UK, the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand), must demonstrate English language proficiency as follows:
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (Academic exam ONLY)||Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)|
|Overall: 6.0||213||79 – 80||550|
|(minimum 5.0 in each band)|
British national curriculum (GCSE): grade “C” or higher in English at O-Level/ AS-Level/ A-levelAdditionally, students with the following qualifications may be considered as having met the English language requirements:
- International Baccalaureate: English A1 or A2 (Standard or Higher Level) – minimum grade 4; English B (Higher Level) – minimum grade 4; English B (Standard Level) – minimum grade 5.
- Indian secondary school certificates issued by the CBSE/ISC boards: minimum grade of 70% in English
- West African / Nigerian Curriculum: WAEC/WASSCE/SSSCE English – minimum grade “C5″